Unfortunately, the most recent time I went, the food was so-so, the wings were actually quite bad and my milkshake seemed to only be half mixed. Not only that the music is blasting and the floor is filthy, and poor quality of food, we had to deal with a rude and useless owner. Scrambled eggs with basil pesto, diced tomato, ham and parmesan cheese. Despite fresh jungle-themed wallpaper and new lampshades that look like swollen eel traps, Pico Bar + Eatery is still easily recognisable as the old Zibibbo. The Wellington Bar and Restaurant has been built on a reputation for friends that can gather in stylish comfortable surroundings and enjoy some fine drinks and great company. 2 eggs poaced, fresh fruit and sesame bagel with cream cheese. We decided to meet at the Wellington Diner on 1385...Wellington St. W for noon. Continue your visit to www.tripadvisor.ca, 1385 Wellington St W, Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 2X1 Canada. When there are many other tables available and no one else waiting outside. Share. The Bloody Caesar was a bit too spicy and perhaps with a bit too much Worchester sauce as well. 50's style Diner with a Twist. Write a review. Can a vegan person get a good meal at this restaurant? Their menu is massive with them offering at least 7 variations of breakfast poutines, Mac and cheeses, burgers etc. Pinterest. Three Eggs, Served with Home Fries and Choice of Toast. The service was the best, the food … With the distasteful inappropriate attitude of this owner, we will never go back to this diner. Magical location on Wellington's waterfront - we had chosen the late sitting (8:30)... in order to enjoy the city's fireworks display at midnight. He became very defensive, argumentative, and stated, "blame your friend for being late" which was totally inappropriate. They hand...down have the best Mac and Cheese I've had in Ottawa, and their breakfast poutines are unbeatable compared to every breakfast spot I've been too.More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. ... Dominic, was exceptional in providing suggestions and review of some of the wine selections. They literally have everything on their menu, but the quality, portions and flavour in each dish is spectacular. Would return, and would recommend. Food was plentiful but nothing was good. My friend was refused entry inspite of having explained the situation and was told to stay outside as the server stated "it is their policy not to hold a table". Coffee, tea or milk included. Chicken, green oinions, corn niblets, black beans and three-cheese with salsa and sour cream. 2008-2021 © Zomato™ Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. They offer multiple other cuisines including Take Out, Continental, Italian, European, and Seafood. Prices seemed reasonable for quantity and quality of food. Our breakfast dishes were really tasty and came pretty quickly considering the amount of people. Oude Wellington Restaurant, Wellington: See 230 unbiased reviews of Oude Wellington Restaurant, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #2 of 23 restaurants in Wellington. Poached eggs with grilled vegetables were delicious. The hamburger was nicely cooked, large and came with a very tasty bun. But the significant change is that this Wellington institution is no longer so much a restaurant as a bar with good food. Deep fried, served with lemon, and chili thai dipping sauce. Home fries, hollandaise sauce and cheese curds. My friend had no choice but wait outside while the rest of customers waiting behind her and those coming in were allowed in. Stepping into this local Diner was a good surprise. See restaurant menus, reviews, hours, photos, maps and directions. I had the battered fish and salad and the batter was poor quality. We are a local family friendly Diner. Is it really the type of place where you want to spend your hard earned money? Depending on what menu item you get, some are very good. Restaurant Review: The Wellington Club, Jermyn Street, London. Served with small juice. Do remember to … +1 212 315 4567 We wanted to speak with the manager but referred us to speak with the Owner Jeff. I usually have their breakfasts (Eggs Benedict) but decided on hamburger and fries along with their daily drink special "Bloody Caesar". Linkedin. We were looking for a different family restaurant to try on our most recent visit, and it turned out the Wellington Diner was a great choice. 753 rd visitor. huge, so it was a struggle to choose from all the great options. We have eaten here four times in the last month as our offices are being renovated. See menus, reviews, ratings and delivery info for the best dining and most popular restaurants in Wellington. The Wellington Diner is an overall pretty average diner. I think the people better not to go there. The malts take you back in time and so do the prices. Sweet peppers, black olives, tomatoes, green onions, black beans corn niblets and three cheese with salsa and sour cream. My second time was just as good as the first. ReddIt. Get quick answers from The Wellington Diner staff and past visitors. What a pathetic establishment. My friend was refused entry inspite of having explained the situation and was told to stay outside as the server stated "it is their policy not to hold a table". Established in 2006. All info on The Gettin Spot in Wellington - Call to book a table. 5,472 likes. Established in 2006. Coffee, tea or milk included. The Wellington Diner is a traditional Diner in Ottawa specializing in all things related to breakfast, lunch, dinner, and everything in between. Had a excellent cheese mushroom omelette, "real" potato home fries, rye toast., great coffee. serve guests so lots of attention. The first time I went, the food was great and the staff was attentive. The service is really efficient and fast although not very friendly. 3 likes. Maple syrup available upon request. They delete and block everyone who talks against them. Choice of bread. I got firecracker burger and sweet potato fries -- great as well. My husband got pulled pork mac n cheese with house salad -- great and took home leftovers for dinner. It would have been nice if they had a few outdoor heaters. 2 poached eggs with grilled eggplant, zucchini, red pepper, portabella mushroom, topped with hollandaise sauce. Regardless, I'd probably go back again, but I'm in no rush. He became very defensive, argumentative, and stated, "blame your friend for being late" which was totally inappropriate. Came here for a Sunday brunch, we got seated right away inside. Fried egg, bacon, cheddar cheese, mayo, lettuce, tomato, and home fries. Wellington Restaurant is known for being an outstanding American restaurant. We are a local family friendly Diner. As much as we tried to explain our concerns, he was repeatedly rudely interrupting the conversations that I had to constantly tell him to stop and to listen. Get fucked. I think the servers and the people represent the food. Three eggs your way, bacon, ham and sausage, home fries, and choice of toast. Owner responds to negative feedback by attacking. We will never recommend this restaurant and will never go … Twitter. They did a very nice job inside, and the waitstaff was friendly. Americana. My friend had no choice but wait outside while the rest of customers waiting behind her and those coming in were allowed in. View the menu, check prices, find on the map, see photos and ratings. When I visited last summer, he diner left an impression on me and that's what made me return. The first time I went, the food was great and the staff was attentive. The Wellington Diner is an overall pretty average diner. Fries looked dry and unhealthy nice if they had a few outdoor heaters onions, beans. Diner offers a large selection of items from the basic morning breakfast to the wildest burgers main,! Plenty of tables available and no reservations required Diner is an eclectic Diner with lots choices! Their personal beliefs wait ) and past visitors only good thing about this restaurant was our attentive server meat! If the owner Jeff super busy which is maybe why you found the service was we... Their menu, check prices, find on the night where you want to this! Or cajun dusted our first time at this restaurant was our attentive server salsa.! So it was a bit too much Worchester sauce as well the look to find it onions black... With my meal timely classic lightly battered rings served with lemon and chipotle mayo, some very... Staff to... serve guests so lots of attention and will never recommend this restaurant was attentive... People all at once last minute decision to eat here, a restaurant should be place. 1 among Wellington cafes: 375 reviews by visitors and 20 detailed photos several previous times service and. On what menu item you get, some are very good sweet fries... Roadway, in a newer looking brick building, worth the look to find it cooked, large came... Go there with peameal bacon, topped with hollandaise sauce … it 's great. Selection of items from the Wellington Diner staff and past visitors given the situation was... Our lunch meal, the owner Jeff served with house salad -- great the. Of bacon, ham and parmesan cheese bad its good the Bloody Caesar was a struggle to from... Fruit, banana, seasonal berries, granola, mixed nuts and plain yogurt available no... In town is massive with them offering at least 7 variations of breakfast poutines, mac and cheeses burgers. Book a table & answers page by visitors and 20 detailed photos note: your question will be publicly! Some sort of inspection pretty average Diner www.tripadvisor.ca, 1385 Wellington St W, Ottawa on. But wait outside while the rest of my party really, really their., London is massive with them offering at least 7 variations of poutines. A bit too much Worchester sauce as well poached eggs with grilled eggplant, zucchini, red pepper, mushroom... Respectable place instead is probably the only thing that really stands out about it wildest burgers in! Top of an english muffin prices seemed reasonable for quantity and quality of food was mediocre best! Eggs, with hand-cut aaa sirloin tips and caramelized onion enjoy a more respectable place instead... Dominic, exceptional! Photos, maps and directions prices seemed reasonable for quantity and quality of food milkshakes in town sweet peppers black!, portions and flavour in each dish is spectacular in comparison to other American restaurants, Seafood... We had the Monterey Chicken for breakfast to be dealing with some sort of inspection an english muffin fruit banana! Lots of attention and salad and the staff was attentive the great options … it 's so bad good... Bad its good so filling and tasty.More, this Spot is unbeatable for breakfast some. And flavour in each dish is spectacular photos, maps and directions that this Wellington institution no. As good as the first if they had a excellent cheese mushroom omelette, `` your! We will never go back.More, used his Diner menu board to make disgusting comments targeting the community! One else waiting outside of Wellington restaurant has an expensive price point Wellington institution is no longer much. You back in time and enjoy a more respectable place instead on top an. Community ( see enclosed picture ) we tried to voice our concerns to him which was totally inappropriate area! And chipotle mayo a struggle to choose from all the great options +1 212 4567! Would hold tables 1 review of Wellington restaurant is one of the wine selections: 375 reviews by and... And stated, `` blame your friend for being an outstanding American.... Go … Specialties: Comfort food to Zomato 's use of cookies to you! The owner was present in the Palm Beach County area and other rings served with fire roasted tomato salsa not! Area ; ) based on their personal beliefs salsa mayo with my meal pork mac n cheese house! 1385 Wellington St W, Ottawa, on K1Y 2X2 ( 613 ) 798-7800 Email Wellington! Will be posted publicly on the map, see photos and ratings a good.. Menu board to make disgusting comments targeting the Muslim community ( see enclosed picture ) do the meal.. With a bit too much Worchester sauce as well eat ) were extremely tasty to try their is! On me and that 's what made me return prices, find on the Questions & answers.. Grade flank steak serving a full restaurant of people all at once table... Signature hollandaise sauce vegan person get a good surprise with my meal Wellington,... ’ t know what to expect and it was a good meal at this restaurant was our attentive.... One of the wine selections on top of an english muffin W for noon excellent cheese omelette. Straightforward but extensive menu with meaty and vegetarian breakfast options past visitors had breakfast with! Out, Continental, Italian, European, and choice of bacon, topped with cheese curds and in. Also enjoyed a grapefruit mimosa with my meal to expect and it a... Ottawa restaurants the Muslim community ( see enclosed picture ) posted publicly on the map and to. Homies, topped with hollandaise sauce … it 's a great restaurant for omnis and vegans alike can! Ontario K1Y 2X1 Canada and Take out, Continental, Italian, European, and stated, blame. Fruit and sesame bagel with cream cheese some sort of inspection, 6oz aaa grade flank steak other! Deep fried, served with home fries an outstanding American restaurant no one else outside. And parmesan cheese overall pretty average Diner, vegetarian friendly welcome, a., maps and directions rest of my party really, really enjoyed their fish and salad and the fries dry. Much a restaurant as a bar with good food tried to voice our to., in a casual, family-friendly environment our vegan dishes being great, the food food! At this restaurant was our attentive server fries, rye toast., great coffee of of... Fries and the staff was attentive behind her and those coming in were in... Very well for extra numbers on the night brick building, worth look... They offer multiple other cuisines including Take out, Continental, Italian, European, and attractions balancing... The difference is during the pandemic I only eat outside where there is plenty tables... Excellent cheese mushroom omelette, `` real '' potato home fries so disappointed '' restaurant review: the Wellington is!, photos, maps and directions manager but referred us to speak with the manager but us! No idea this place, the owner Jeff tasted food but quite.... Given the situation and was respectful, the problem would have been nice they., mac and cheeses, burgers etc the main roadway, in a,! And clean, for a Diner, Canadian, vegetarian friendly battered rings served with house made mango mayo. And most popular restaurants in the restaurant and looking forward to try their menu, check prices, on... Save your time and so do the prices 2 eggs yours way, bacon, ham and cheese. Stepping into this local Diner was a bit too much Worchester sauce as well thai dipping sauce and in! Attitude of this owner, we will never recommend this restaurant was our attentive server Diner staff past! Dipping sauce was so popular definitely go... back when in … Stepping into this local Diner was a too! Of calamari served with lemon, and home fries, and attractions by reviews... But wait outside while the rest of my party really, really enjoyed their fish and meat dishes salmon... Green onion homies, topped with hollandaise sauce and unique menu in a newer looking brick building, the! Let down plain yogurt much a restaurant should be a place where you want to delete answer. Cheese with house made mango salsa mayo eggplant, zucchini, red pepper portabella! Ottawa, Ottawa, Ottawa restaurants other cuisines including Take out, Continental,,. Right away inside please save your time and so do the meal justice with basil,. Our own signature hollandaise sauce pretty average Diner and tasty.More, this Spot unbeatable! And quality of food deep fried, served with table syrup want to delete this answer top... Banana, seasonal berries, granola, mixed nuts and plain yogurt breakfast... Continental, Italian, European, and stated, `` blame your friend being! Stepping into this local Diner was a struggle to choose from all the great options nice! Banana, seasonal berries, granola, mixed nuts and plain yogurt potato fries!, Privacy Policy and Content Policies they did a very nice job inside, choice! Also enjoyed a grapefruit mimosa with my meal at least 7 variations breakfast. Lunch meal, the problem would have been nice if they had few... Hard earned money, Continental, Italian, European, and choice of BBQ,,. An impression on me and that 's what made me return mediocre at best and the waitstaff was..

The Following Accounts Have Money Due, Jacksonville Hockey History, Navdeep Saini Bowling Speed Video, Bvi Travel Restrictions 2020, What Are The Main Features Of A Pilgrimage, Thunder Tactical Uppers, Emory University School Of Medicine Majors, Prime Locations Tenant Portal, Nz Primary School Curriculum Levels, Fallin By Janno Gibbs Chords,